Thursday, April 5, 2007

Day 23

Still nothing from "Adam." Or just Adam, I guess.

Did I wait too long and now cyberlove has passed me by?

I feel like things move a heck of a lot quicker in Matchland than they do in the real world (not the ACTUAL real world, where hot 20-year-olds get together in a big mansion and sleep with one another/decide to be in one another's weddings/engage in just SCADS of girl-on-girl action minute 9 of their first day in Denver, but the real world in which I scam on cyber dudes and then pointedly ignore them for 5 days.)

That whole 5 day thing…I think that wasn't my best choice.

But you know what, Adam? YOU try to cyberflirt with your father strapping on his rollerblades not 3 feet behind you, chatting away about when your flight takes off! That shit isn't easy – Plus, I don't want to have to explain you when I haven't even AIM-chatted with you yet, much less met you face-to-face. My parents don't need to meet ANOTHER internet boyfriend, okay?

(Side note: I more or less started dating my last boyfriend via AIM…IN MY DEFENSE though, I met him face-to-face before we ever started chatting online. Once. When we were both kind of (very) hung over. And he didn't really remember me when I IMd him. Whatever it's not important.)

Ugh I am VERY disappointed with online dating in general right now.

Maybe I'll try eHarmony. I've always really liked Natalie Cole's "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" It's practically my theme song…that, or (their asterisk, not mine) "This is F*cking Tragic" by The Impossibles.

(Yup, never actually heard of that song or The Impossibles, but that's what came up when I Googled "my life is tragic, lyrics." Waaa waaaa.)

Plus, what says "love" more than a bunch of somewhat awkward couples standing around talking about their even MORE awkward first kisses?

Certainly not Adam…

Oh, also - I'm going out of town yet again this weekend, so I won't be posting 'til Monday - Hopefully by then Adam will either (a) have written me back or (b) have deactivated his account because he unexpectedly died, thereby totally explaining why he didn't write me back.

Kidding!

(Kind of...)

No comments: