Well, since none of you bastards are reading this or providing any feedback whatsoever, I'll have you know that I took the plunge with Mr. Naperville (that's what I'm going to call the one guy that I've met so far who is passable profile- and looks-wise, because he lives in Naperville. Pretty basic really.) I sent him an email with my screen name and not 10 minutes later, BLIIING (that's my blog version of the incoming IM song. Whatever, deal with it.) It was Mr. Naperville. And the VERY FIRST IM he has sent me?
iceNIU XXXX: Well i just got your email from Match, so i thought i would send you a quick hello :-)
Obviously he did not read my match.com profile after reading my match.com email, because if he had he would have been reminded of the fact that the thing I hate most in online communication is the GOD DAMN EMOTICONS.
I mean, this guy is 27 years old, and over the course of the conversation managed to use the :-) face 6 times, "lol" twice and 3 "hehe's." He also used "your" instead of "you're" thrice times and when he typed "cheaky" instead of "creepy" he corrected himself but spelled it "creapy." If I didn't know better I'd say a 14 year old girl was trying to scam on me.
Is it wrong to write this guy off for nothing more than piss poor written communication skills?
UPDATE: He just used the winking emoticon. I don't care what you people say (which, clearly, is going to be nothing.) This kid is DONE-ZO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
1. your an ass for not telling me that you had an amazing blog.
2. you could not be more correct in your judgements of him. NEVER NEVER date anyone who says "hehehe", you have to be an idiot to have to cue someone when to laugh.
3. sass had a GREAT idea. there should be a sarcasm font so things don't have to be misread.
4. love you.
I am with you, sister. LOL's are the worst. I mean, when did our society get so lazy? I once dated a guy who used smiley faces at the end of almost every sentence. It was horrendous. And not even the real actual emoticons, he just used the ones made up of hitting stupid buttons on the keyboard - they had a nose and everything. ;^) I mean who has that much time on their hands? I would write him off for bad grammar as well.
Post a Comment