Thursday, March 15, 2007

Day 3, P.M.

Well forget match.com - Obviously I should have known that all I need to do to meet Mr. Right is walk to my local grocery store about a mile down the (very busy) road that runs outside my apartment complex - I got 3 honks, 1 truck honk (which nearly startled me in to the middle of the road...good one, sir) and 1 '93 Windstar that actually PULLED OVER and asked if "that California Pizza Kitchen thin crust was for 1...(long, looooong pause) or 2." I giggled out of sheer embarrassment for him and then legit HIGH TAILED it to my apartment - and if you didn't know, the last time I "high tailed it" anywhere was to the sundae bar at Thorne on a Wednesday night sophomore year for a bowlful of that crack-laced whipped cream.

But I digress.

So, a fun new lesson was learned today in my on-going internet dating education. Apparently, step 3, after the initial wink and the subsequent message, is to chat via AIM. I've now had 2 guys suggest this method of conversation, which we all know I am KICKASS at. Except, here's the thing - My AIM screen name is from my junior year of high school and, umm...it's awkward. Like, REAL awkward. And not awkward in the my-screen-name-is-a-blend-of-my-first-pet's-name-and-my-favorite-My-Little-Pony way, but in the my-screen-name-sounds-like-I-can-pay-for-a-Birkin-bag-entirely-in-singles-because-I-work-nights-at-the-Pussycat-Club-near-the-airport way. So what's a girl to do? IM her future cuddle buddy from a screen name that makes her sound like she should be doing 3-5 in a minimum security prison for solicitation? Or be REALLY tragic and create a screen name solely for the purpose of instant messaging some dude who, no matter where things end up, I will always have to introduce as "you know, the guy I met online?"

I invite and welcome your input. Both of you, if my visitor counter is correct.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should create a new one definitely! Maybe one that even matches your match.com login? Keep it simple, right?