Well, my counter hit the double digits day and I have to say, I am THRILLED. Finally, I have some people to bounce this crap off of - I can't keep shooting my screen name out in to the ether without someone to remind me that the cyber world is one big emoticon. (Mr. Naperville, case in point.)
Since the only wink I got today lives in "Pontiac" (the city in Illinois and not the car...I really, really hope. Though that might explain his willingness to travel up to 75 miles to meet his mate...that, or just sheer desperation. Either way, not going to happen) I thought I would take a moment to explain, once and for all, why I decided to undertake this massively embarrassing (mis)adventure.
1) Of the few friends I have out here, every single one of them is either married, engaged, or has been dating someone for legit decades, and while that's fine for my friends, it doesn't leave a lot for Single Sarah over here.
2) If nothing else, I'm hoping to meet some people to just hang out with. My circle of friends out here is a small one (shocking, I know) and it would be nice to have some new peeps to kick it with. (Yup, I said "kick it." Deal with it.)
3) I'm going to share something with all of you that I only share with people I really, really trust. (You know, like my lover. Or your mom. Ooooooh SNAP.) I SUCK at dating. Granted, I haven't had much experience (we'll call that reason #4) but from what experience I have had, I know this much is true - I legitimately blow at dating. The last date I went on? (A) was over 2 years ago. (B) I had to drive over 5 hours for (it should have been 2 1/2 but I got lost and was too embarrassed to ask for directions...waaa waaa.) (C) I STOLE A BRASS FIGURINE OF A PRANCING HORSE. That's right, you heard me. I committed a CRIME on the last date I went on. I don't even know why I did it. I think we were joking about it (Pop quiz: how do you know when you have run out of things to talk about on a date? Answer: You start talking about stealing the surrounding decor.) And then suddenly I had stuffed it in my purse and we were trying to look inconspicuous as we awkwardly tried to hide my now-gigantic purse between our bodies.
Needless to say, I need some practice. And somewhere to display my kickass brass figurine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment